Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swimin'

It is no surprise to me that I have 2 water kids. My daughters love the water and all activities in it - just like I did and do. Their youth allows them to not be so inhibited in a bathing suit as I find myself these days so any chance they get, they're in the water.

This is the first summer in a long time that we don't have a pool to go to. My dad's pool needs major repairs (a full replacement is probably more accurate). So I was worried about having no place to swim this summer.

But in this fear I've found opportunity. As the saying goes, "When one door closes, God opens a window."

I've been forced to find places to swim. I've been looking in places I probably would have ignored before. I've been pleasantly surprised.

Yesterday for instance we went to the beach at Raccoon Creek State Park.

It goes to show you don't appreciate what you have in your own backyard. The parking lot had cars in it from Ohio and West Virginia. I've lived in this part of Beaver County all but 8 years of my life and I can't recall ever going here!

My girls and I had so much fun. Being that it is only the beginning of July, I can't wait to see what other fun places I'll find.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Check out the Beaver pool. It's a lot of fun!