Monday, July 20, 2009

The Moon

Life

Can you believe its been 40 years since man landed on the moon? I've always been fascinated with space travel and am envious of those lucky enough to do it. I think it would be so cool and if asked I would do it in a heartbeat. I'd love to leave my footprints on the moon.

There are those out there that think that all of the moon landings were faked, that none of it ever happened. The moon landings were filmed on a Hollywood stage somewhere not the moon.

Regardless, space travel 40 years ago brought this country together. Families sat together in front of television sets or surrounded radios to hear the fate of the astronauts. A simpler time? Maybe.

I enjoy looking at the moon. When I was little I would try to see the American flag that the Apollo 11 astronauts left. The whole thing amazes me. To think that we went there (and came back... several times) is awesome.

No comments: