Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

So my awesome friend April over at The View From 5'5" nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. My first response was "OH NO!" My blog lately has been dusty and neglected and I'm pretty sure this nomination is some sort of forced motivation to post something ;)

In order to accept I must blog 7 random things about me:

  1. I can independently wiggle my little toes and make them "talk". This got me free drinks back in college.
  2. I have never been in or bought anything from Starbucks. (In Starbucks defense, I do not drink coffee.)
  3. My dad restored antique cars (Ford's) when I was younger. I grew up with a '29 Model A and a '36 Sedan. Weekends were spent at parades and car shows, or even traveling with the Early Ford V-8 Club locally or across state lines. I'm not sure at what point I realized that not every family had an old car kept polished up in the garage.
  4. I have 1 sibling, a brother who is 12 1/2 years older than me. I became an aunt at 16 when my niece was born. I have 14 cousins. When I was 21 my dad re-married and I now have 2 step-brothers, 2 step-sisters, and 6 more nieces and nephews. I'm still not sure how many more cousins I have LOL. Gotta love Italian families!
  5. I started out at Kent State with a major in Zoology but graduated from Slippery Rock University with a BS degree in Geography with a Specialization in Environmental Planning.
  6. I just "knew" I would have 3 boys. When I was pregnant with both of my daughters I insisted I was having boys. God, of course, knew better and blessed me with 2 girls that I wouldn't trade for anything!
  7. I have no fear in the kitchen - cooking or eating. Except bananas. I hate those.

So there you go! In the spirit of passing on the honors, I hereby nominate the following blogs:

Corcoran Family Blog

Ferricks Family Fun

The Jerome's in Steeler Country

This Old House

No comments: