Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

Only in the last 4 or 5 years have I gotten into March Madness. It really is the only time I pay attention to college basketball or even basketball in general. Basketball just isn't my thing. My grandmother played on a semi-pro team (Drinkmore Dairy) in her 20's, my mom played in high school, and my best friend played in high school. I just never got bit by the basketball bug.

Some might say that I'm not a "real" fan. Maybe so. It was just Randy and I at first. We bet on the brackets. I lost but it was fun. Last year I started an on-line pool. I didn't win but I did better than Randy, so I won. Besides... there's no football on and baseball hasn't started yet.

This year I am part of a pretty big pool at Randy's work. Wish me luck! (I could use the cash...) Here are my picks:

Sweet 16:
Louisville, Utah, West Virgina, Michigan State, Connecticut, Washington, Missouri, Memphis, Pitt, Florida State, Villanova, Texas, North Carolina,, Gonzaga, Arizona State, Oklahoma

Elite 8:
Louisville, Michigan State, Washington, Memphis, Florida State, Villanova, North Carolina, Oklahoma

Final Four:
Louisville, Memphis, Villanova, North Carolina

National Championship:
Louisville vs North Carolina

Overall Winner:
North Carolina

By the way, I'm not a fan of Pitt (it's PITT not the new Pittsburgh). I'm a Penn State girl! But... I will cheer for Pitt during March Madness. Even though they often screw up my brackets.

No comments: