Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Facebook

I wonder what I did with my spare time before blogging and now Facebook?

Last summer I started this blog. At first I kept it pretty simple. I used pre-made templates and didn't venture beyond Blogger. I was proud of myself when I learned how to add music and widgets. Then, ever the artist, I yearned to tweak some things. Through a lot of trial and error I ended up learning HTML code and have been able to do some of my own custom formatting. (NOTE: I still have loads of learning to do!)

Soon enough, I started a second blog dedicated to sharing my favorite recipes.

When I first started blogging, I asked myself some questions. "Who" will I be blogging to: myself, a specific person, no one? Will I treat my blog like a diary? A soapbox? A place to share/brag about my kids?

After doing this for awhile I guess my blogs are a combination of all the above. I don't think I'll ever have a cult following but I enjoy the thought that a few might look forward to my ramblings.

Blogging has been fun! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...

I've also found myself on Facebook. I know... I'm only about 10 years behind the rest of the world. Surprisingly it has been fun reconnecting with friends from past chapters of my life. I say surprising because up until recently I've had this mentality of closed doors shouldn't be reopened. I've learned to say who cares! I actually get excited when I see a friend's request.

So the next question is..... dare I Twitter?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'll join your cult any day! : )
I'm glad you blog and facebook. (if anyone would have told me a year ago that I would have been doing either one I would have laughed in their face!) It make me still feel connected!
Miss you!