Sunday, April 5, 2009

Maple Syrup Festival

Today we attended the Maple Syrup Festival at Bradys Run Park. I look forward to this every year! This was our 6th year and we lucked out - only waited in line for 45 minutes!

When I describe this event to people who've never been, I often get a puzzled look in return. Yes, you will wait in line for pancakes. When we left today, the expected wait time was 2 ¼ hours!

Kudos to the Beaver County Conservation District and hundreds of volunteers who put on this event. They really do keep the line moving with some clever and efficient ways.

This year, all the plasicware, place mats, and cups were made from recyclable materials that will be composted locally. How cool is that!

There are all kinds of other things to do, too. Lots of crafts and vendors. Gina loves the reptile trailer. I think she likes this better than the pancakes!

The girls enjoyed time at the playground, too.
Can't wait until next year's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we didn't go today for the reason of long lines.

i like the 3 column layout! nice!