Monday, February 9, 2009

Backwards Day

Randy and his buddies go on an annual camping trip this time every year. Yes - in the cold and the snow! They look forward to it for months. The camping is done near Cooks Forest near Marienville, PA. I've been there (in July) and it is beautiful and very peaceful. It is so quiet and you can see so many stars without all the light pollution. Most sleep in their trucks, some have the proper equipment to sleep in tents. This camping weekend is overflowing in testosterone - no spouses allowed. Honestly, none of us want to be there!

Anywho, I wanted to do some special things with the girls since Randy would be away. Friday I cooked Chicken Couscous - a meal that Randy doesn't like. The rest of us like it but I'm "not allowed" to cook it when he is home. This was the first time I got to cook it for Lily and she liked it!

Saturday we did Backwards Day! Gina wasn't feeling good so I just stuck with the food this time. Here was the menu:


  • Breakfast - ice cream with marshmellows and cookies

  • Lunch - hot dogs (we normally don't eat hot dogs for lunch so this was a treat for the girls)
  • Dinner - scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon

We had so much fun! (If you look carefully at the pictures it was another PJ day, too) Gina wants to do Backwards Day every Saturday but I'll keep it for special occasions. You can take it a step further and wear your clothes backwards, play games from the end to the beginning (start Chutes and Ladders at 100 and go to 1), and say things like "Good Night" in the AM and "Good Morning" in the PM.

Randy came home Sunday smelling of stale beer, cigars and b.o. but we were all glad to see him... and hug him after he showered :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Too cute!!! What a blast!