Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy 70th Birthday Dad!

Last Saturday was my Dad's 70th birthday! Myself, my brother and step-brother and all of our families took him out for dinner. In recent years, my dad has discovered Chinese food so my brother suggested we take him to Ichiban for Japanese. It was a huge hit!!

My brother, Jim, helping with the menu - showing him to pick from the Hibachi and they'll cook right in front of you.

My Dad (I couldn't find a 70 balloon so I got a 30 and a 40)!

The Grandkids - Elizabeth, Katie, Gina, Michael, Carolina and Lily.
Addie had to work :(

Carolina and Lily eating their soup. How cute!

Gina and Michael attempting chopsticks. They did pretty good!
Even Lily insisted on using hers.

Ooooo! Ahhhh! Lily was pretty scared though.

And another! Look at Randy's calamari at the bottom... blah!

Our chef and Michael and Karen.

My Dad and his cake. There's my step-mom Carolina too.
My Dad and his giant card signed by all of us.

This was a fun night! I tried sushi and shashimi and finally got a salmon skin roll. I've always wanted to try them. My lobster and fillet was awesome. Randy got calamari and loved it. The kids all enjoyed their food too. My Dad really liked his fish.

Dad - You are awesome and I LOVE YOU!! Happy Birthday :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

I LOVE the Japanese restaurants. Happy bday to you dad!

April said...

your dad looks AMAZING for 70. wow! maybe he is just 30 or 40 :)