Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Gina as a cat and Lily as a ladybug
Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine. Its like the beginning of the holiday season for me. I love fall and decorating for Halloween is the start of it all.

I grew up in a pretty rural area so it was rare for anyone to come to our house trick-or-treating, and I had to go to my grandparents' neighborhoods to go trick-or-treating. I realized early on, how nice it was to interact with other people while going door to door. I liked looking at other kids' costumes, and when I got older I would help my Gram pass out candy.

I was so excited for the first Halloween at our house because I could pass out candy. That first year we got 11 kids. That was it. Each year after the numbers have dwindled and a few years there were none! But I like taking my kids around to the neighbors' houses to visit with them even if only for a moment. It seems so neighborly.

Gina and Lily with a lot of Halloween loot

1 comment:

Linda said...

WOW!!! That is alot of candy!!!