Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Face Painting

I helped out at Gina's school today. The first graders were treated to face painting in Art Class on the last full day of school. I also helped out last year. The PTA called and asked if I would assist the art teacher but I wouldn't be painting. So boy was I surprised when I got there and the teacher informed me I would be painting. I enjoyed it last year and signed up again for this year.

Here is Gina with Garfield.

Gina's cousin, Micheal, with the Pittsburgh Pirate.


I did about 50 of these since the Penguins are in the Stanley Cup Finals. I also did several "87" (Sidney Crosby) and "71" (Evgeni Malkin).

This little girl brought me a book with this dog in it. The kids ask for anything and everything. They think us volunteer moms are great artists! Thankfully most wanted rainbows and flowers.

I wondered if Gina's Garfield would still be recognizable when she got home. This is how she looked when she got off the bus...

Apparently they cleaned out their desks today and the kids brought home markers. Gina let her cousin, Julianna, draw on her. I guess to add to the face painting and to cheer on the Penguins.

Wish me luck getting it all off!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You did a great job face painting! No wonder they wanted you back!