Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Formal

Randy went on a date without me last night. He even wore a suit! And the girl he went with was absolutely beautiful. A real knock out.

Last night was the 2008 Center Township Recreation Board's Father-Daughter Holiday Formal. I admit, I was jealous that I didn't get to go. Randy never wears a suit for me when we go out! But what an awesome evening for he and Gina. She loved dressing up in her fancy Christmas dress. There was dinner, dancing, door prizes for the dads and a chinese auction for the daughters.

I tried not to take over the evening. When Randy wanted to wear khakis and a sweater I reminded him how dressed up Gina was going to be (he later said 99% of the dads wore suits). Gina wanted to wear her hair regular but I explained what a special evening this was and she let me at least curl up the ends (she later told me some girls went to hairdressers). But I insisted that Randy take my camera and capture a few moments for me.

Having to take the camera put Randy into a case of the grumpies before they left. Gina "hated" her hair (a dose of future prom arguments?) and started to pout. I tried to get a few nice shots of them before they left but neither would cooperate. I ended up getting emotional over their whole evening without me. Randy said it seemed like most of the dads were in "bad moods" when they first got there. Probably because the preparation at their houses was just like ours :)

Randy and Gina had a great evening! The first thing out of Gina's mouth when they came home was, "I got to dance with my shoes off!" Randy won a door prize. They bought a father-daughter snowman ornament for our tree. And Randy took some great shots of Gina having a fun time for me. What a nice evening for everyone!

3 comments:

Linda said...

How sweet!! My daughters would LOVE that!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory!!! Thanks for sharing.

Paula said...

The picture is priceless. I would love to find one of those dances around here, I've heard they are wonderful! What a memory!