I know she will be fine. In fact, it will be wonderful for her. Because of the added time at school she now has gym, computers, music, art, and lunch in the cafeteria! She does well in school. She loves to learn and enjoys the whole structure of school.
I know I will be fine. Looking back I dreaded all the other first days too. I was fighting so hard not to cry as I left her at Playgroup that I couldn't even say goodbye to the teacher as I walked past her (I later apologized and she assured me that I was not the only one). I got to my car and bawled the whole way home. And I watched the clock until I could go pick her up. I was usually way early the first few weeks. Pre-school was a little easier because when it started I was very pregnant with Lily and was actually looking forward to a few hours to myself before I had to do the whole taking care of an infant thing again. Kindergarten was hard (the bus thing) but at the bus stop the first day we met a girl who lives down our street who was not only in the same grade but in the same room. How cool was that!
But, here I am watching the clock again on yet another first day. Is it 3:30 yet?
1 comment:
how are the kids enjoying school? does it feel "normal" yet?
Post a Comment